Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What I want to do but don't know how to do it

So this series of thoughts came to me as I was trying to fall asleep last night. I feel like this is something that I want to do with my life, but I don't know how to do it or go about even beginning.

I want to create a place to help adolescent and college age women develop into prosperous and happy adult women. I want it to be a place that can help improve their self esteem and self image. A place where they can learn how to have healthy relationships and good friendships with other girls, stop this crazy catty combative competition (how's that for alliteration) with one another. A place where they can learn what a healthy romantic relationship is and isn't (gay or straight). A place where girls can develop their interests that might be outside of the "typical" realm. A place where they feel safe and secure. A place where they can get counseling if they need it. A place to have fun!!! A place that can provide necessary resources for furthering their education and to help make them into self-assured self-sufficient members of society.

I know that there are GREAT organizations like Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boy & Girls Clubs, and of course different religious groups and I am grateful that they are there. I just want one that focuses on adolescent girls specifically. Like the facility created in the movie "The First Wives Club" but for teenage women. I don't know how or where to start, but it's something that I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment