Saturday, October 24, 2009

Horror Movie Ideas

So after seeing Paranormal Activity (which was a decent movie but made me sick as a dog) last night I decided that there are definitely horror movies that I prefer over others (as I am sure is the case for everyone). I don't really like horror movies as a genre, but there are a few. I mean I like a good scare like everyone else, but typically these movies have REALLY bad acting and lots of gorey effects. But in order these are the movies I like the least.

1) Possesion/Satanic Movies - Mostly because these give me nightmares. Wait hold on scratch that...

1) Zombie Movies (Dawn of the Dead, etc...)- I cannot STAND these movies. Plots horrible. Acting terrible. Way too much gore. And I just think that the overall concept was bad. The only acceptable one in recent history was I Am Legend. The rest STUPID and BAD!!

2) Coming in a close second - Possesion/Satanic Movies (Exorcist, Stigmata, etc...) - I guess I find these too scary. Probably because I do actually believe that demon possesion is possible. Not to the full cheesy extent that is in The Exorcist, but in general yes. I've nightmares where people I love (especially my kid brother Hudson) was possessed and I didn't sleep well for months. Ironically though one of my favorite TV shows is Supernatural. I guess because the good guys seem to always win. And Jenseen Ackles is SUPER hot!!

3)Serial Killers/Horror Movie Franchises (Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street etc...) - While the originals and the first sequel can be good, typically these get REALLY bad after the second one. My particular one that I find the most distasteful is the Saw movies. I saw the first one, HATED it and didn't want to see the rest.

4)Slasher/Teen Scream Movies (Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, etc...) - These again can be ok. Just sometimes stupid, and fall into the franchise category. Often times these aren't that scary but so unbelievable that I start to laugh!!

5) Monster Movies/ Creature Features (Jaws, Dracula, Frankestein) - The older, classic ones are great!! Yes the effects are bad but it's the supsense, the story, the acting that makes them good. Not the gore. Most of the newer ones are too messy. And typically any movie that has a character eating everyone just turns out stupid (Anaconda, Lake Placid).

6) Thrilers (Hitchcock style, like Psycho) - While not totally in the horror genre, I like them. Scary but not to scary and good story. Acting alright - good. Writing is better (although can be predictable with the twists). That's what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment